LG’s latest flagship in LG V series was launched last year. The smartphone was named as the LG V30 and it is only the third iterative smartphone in the LG V series launched few years ago. To recall, the first smartphone from LG V series was named as the LG V10. Now, it is known that the V series from LG has gained popularity among the masses.
As far as LG V30 is concerned, the smartphone was launched with Android Nougat. The Android Oreo update has been released by LG for the smartphone. However, the latest version of Android is still not available for the LG V30. This is the Android 8.1 Oreo update which was released soon after the Android Oreo release.
Also, this release comes with some much needed improvements to the Android Oreo release such as Dark and Light themes which automatically change based on Wallpapers. There is also a new Power menu as well as other improvements have been added. Now, you can get Android 8.1 Oreo on your device with the help of Resurrection Remix. For this, we have attached the entire tutorial to install the ROM below so have a look and make sure to try it out for yourself.
- Take an entire backup of your smartphone before installation of Resurrection Remix ROM on your LG V30
- Make sure that your device has at least 50% or more battery left so that there are no problems during the installation process.
- Your device should be unlocked and you should have custom recovery installed. We recommend TWRP recovery to be installed on your device.
Steps to install Resurrection Remix Oreo based on Android 8.1 Oreo for LG V30
- Make sure to follow each and every step mentioned in the Prerequisites section properly as they are very important.
- Now that you have completed all the Prerequisites steps, we can proceed with the installation process.
- Go to the Downloads section above and download both the files attached above on your PC or smartphone.
- If you have downloaded this files on your PC, transfer them to your smartphone’s internal storage via a USB Cable.
- Once the files are transferred, you need to boot your smartphone into TWRP recovery.
- To enter TWRP recovery, switch off your phone and press Power + Volume Down button for few seconds.
- In TWRP, go to the Install section and select the Resurrection Remix ROM downloaded from above.
- After that, flash the file on your smartphone by swiping inside TWRP
- Now, repeat the same procedure by selecting the Open GApps file and flashing it on your smartphone
- That’s it, you now have a freshly installed Resurrection Remix ROM on your LG V30 which is based on Android 8.1 Oreo
We have tried to explain the procedure as simply as possible to you so that you have no problems in following it. However, if you still face any problems then make sure to comment below and we will get back to you.